Decowood Design Divas
Theme: Future Forward
Identifying edgy and futuristic design, the Decowood Design Divas Award is a platform that identifies and celebrates new design concepts and innovation. Believing that you, as a woman and a creative force to be reckoned with, the award is created to reign in talent from across the country in the realm of design. The awards are the foundation for design studios and institutions led by women to be the harbingers of change in the design spectrum. It is the ultimate reference for design achievement and capability of spaces conceptualised using Decowood.
What you win
Trip to Salone Del Mobile, Milan | Showcase of your creation and Felicitation by eminent designers at Grand Trend Excellence Awards | Profile Feature in an exclusive Table Calendar | Gift Vouchers worth Rs. 25000/ | Profile Coverage in GoodHomes and Home & Design Trends Magazines | Networking Hour with Iconic Women Designers of Country | Memento & Goodies by Decowood and much more |
Unique, innovative designs for office, retail and studio spaces
Designing a Co-working space is challenging. The design has to be engaging and inspiring and it has to cater to a wide diaspora of clientele.
Informal Meeting Lounges
Conference/meeting rooms are a norm, there's a new trend of informal/multifunctional areas in today's offices. The challenge would be to design a space that fosters productive discussions as well as a space that functions as a relaxation zone.
Creative Office Spaces
Boutique offices, Artist studios, New Age offices for Start-ups
Fashion boutiques, deor stores, quaint shops
This section will feature all the aspects of designing for residential spaces. Entries are invited for the following sub categories
When space is a constraint, designing becomes a big challenge. Here, we call for entries for innovative and ergonomic designs for small, but extremely stylish spaces.
Second homes are a norm these days. This segment will feature designs for quiet weekend retreats. Luxury tents, glamorous pods, treehouses or just a quaint holiday home, it's the entire gamut.
Functionality, ergonomics, style and comfort, the kitchen is perhaps the most hardworking space of the home.
For the longest time, the bathroom was just a functional space. But now it's assumed the role of a private retreat. Inviting designs for interesting, innovative and fun bathrooms.
The global Indian looks for not just a space to stay or eat at, they look for unique experiences.
Rustic, modern, industrial, or just spaces that exude a strong sense of individuality and style
Spaces characterised by their intimate atmosphere and idiosyncratic style. Just what the millennial travellers look for.
Quiet, peaceful and calm escapes from the tumult of urban life.
Quirky and eclectic designs for lounge bars, pubs, sports bars etc.
Products and accessories that present a unique mix of form and functionality
Multifunctional furniture solutions, innovative concepts, smart and intuitive furniture designs
Sculptural light installations, accent lighting, functional and aesthetic lighting ideas etc
Tableware, screens, decorative wall panels, accent pieces etc
This segment will give the designers the option to think out of the box and create something unique.
There are no sub categories, the applicant send in entries for anything and everything from yachts to chartered planes to even luxury train cabins.
ROOSHADSHROFF is a multi-disciplinary design and research studio. Founded in June 2011 in Mumbai by Rooshad Shroff, the architectural practice predominantly dedicated to the realization of spaces soon developed its own design department, operating at nano- scales crafting bespoke furniture, products and materials. The architect and product innovator says, Architecture, to me, is more than just constructing building or laying foundations." Craft finish and handmade techniques play the hero with Rooshad, who is keen to explore a line of furniture which is in sync with his current approach to design and furniture. He says, "the idea of an Indian line is not to scream Indian'using Indian motifs, but to make the object with the know-how specific to india, which could then morph into any aesthetics. He believes, "The modern India design sensibility is about embracing Indian roots and developing unique narratives, where traditional craftsmanship meets contemporary brilliance."
Elsie has created ideas and images with a unique aesthetic, that have blurred the line between art and commerce. She feels fortunate to have worked, and to continue working, with some of the greatest minds in photography, film, creative writing, art, design and architecture. Hers is a journey constantly leading to new ideas, executions and installations in major brands, corporate offices and homes.
Simone Arora is a name to be known in the luxury interiors segment. She co-founded D'Decor, the luxury furnishings brand, with her husband Ajay Arora and then moved on to launching her own eponymous label, Simone Naturally Inspired. The luxury decor destination mirrors her sensibilities in every sense — it is stylish yet understated, and exudes a fine mix of sophisticated elegance.
Tejal Mathur established her Interior Design practice, Tejal Mathur Design earlier team Team Design in 1998. Her project profile outlines work in the field of interior design and architecture, which mainly covers the domains of residential, retail and commercial spaces.Her recent works have earned her tags like “post –modern” vintage designer to “purveyor of the past”. This has probably stemmed from an emotive subconscious response to the growing fact that India, especially Mumbai is slowly losing the “in-between” era, where there was abundant aesthetic in the way simple folk lived- something that is now missing from our architecture. In 2012, she also founded Ironworks- an esoteric line of furniture, accessories and linen for that laid-back chilled- out home.
Architect Ponni Concessao
OSCAR & PONNI ARCHITECTS, CHENNAI
Urban Designers, Planners, provides broad based services that addresses all aspects of Architectural Design including Planning, Project Management, Space Programming and Interior Design. The diversity of experience in the team and its multi-disciplinary character is its strength.
Our design guidelines are the the outcome of our investigative and analytic work for the project, which includes studies in demography, transportation, traffic patterns economics, relocation, education, recreation, community services, housing, health care and environmental issues.
Ponni Concessao's design mantra is that design should be visually powerful, intellectually elegant, functionally efficient and above all, timeless.
Over a decade ago, Nuru Karim was working with Zaha Hadid Architects on a host of large-scale commercial projects. Today, he is an award-winning architect, lecturer, jurist and critic himself. Karim believes that architecture is experimental, and the work of his firm, NU.DE Architecture reflects this philosophy. The Charkha installation in Mumbai’s Cross Maidan (which was nominated for the Aga Khan Award for Architecture), Hinduja Boutique Hospital and Gallery BMB are just some of his acclaimed works.
- 100 shortlisted entries will get an exclusive memento from Decowood Veneers
- 12 of them will receive gift vouchers of Rs. 25,000 each and get featured in a design-oriented table calendar — each month profiling one of the designers.
- 3 final winners will get
- An all sponsored trip to Italy to experience Salone De Mobile in Italy
- Felicitation at the GoodHomes/ Home & Design TRENDS mega event
- One hour meet with an iconic woman designer of the country
Terms & Conditions
- The competition is open to all women professionals across the fields of architecture and interior design in India.
- All entries should be original creations or ready completed projects that include Decowood Veneers (mandatory). Copies or direct inspirations will be disqualified.
- All entries will be assessed on their finish, creativity, originality, technical superiority and innovative use of space.
- Designers can submit a total of two entries, maximum one entry per sub-category.
- Only entries submitted on the Design Divas website will be accepted, with the correctly filled details as requested. No entries will be accepted physically or over email.
- Failure to provide all mandatory details will result in automatic disqualification.
- Last date of submission is 28th January 2018.
- Entries once submitted cannot be cancelled or withdrawn.
- The decisions made by the jury will be final and binding in all manners. No appeals shall be entertained for any reasons whatsoever.
- Employees and their immediate families of Greenlam Industries Limited and World Wide Media, their subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to participate.
- The participants irrevocably authorise Greenlam Industries Limited to retain, use and distribute any information/materials generated by or relating to the participants for future sales, marketing, advertising, promotional materials and press relations programs/activities of Greenlam products, both online and offline, and to the furnishing of such information/materials to Greenlam - related entities and their agents for such purposes.